Dear all professional,
We are planning to upgrade our NT4 domain and merge 3 separate NT4 domain
into one 2003 Active Directory. It is because this upgrade crosses 3
separate NT4 domain and countries, so we will upgrade NT4 by parallel run.
Would you share yours experience to me?
This is my draft planning, please correct me, if its wrong.
1. Setup new root active directory with DNS (temporary domain) +
exchange 2007 + OWA
2. Setup trust relationships between existing NT4 domain (this
domain hosted DNS) and root active directory
3. Setup connector between existing exchange 5.5 and new exchange
4. Migrate user accounts by batch
5. Inform migrated user that login the new active directory domain
6. Migrate mailboxes from existing exchange 5.5 to exchange 2007
7. Inform migrated mailboxes users use OWA
8. Migrate application from NT4 domain to active directory
9. Migrate file & print from NT4 domain to active directory
10. Loop the user account and mailboxes migration until all user
account and mailboxes migrated
11. Migrate member servers from existing NT4 domain to active directory
12. Verify all migrated, migrate existing NT4 domain name to the new
active directory, that¡¦s mean retire the temporary domain name
1. I¡¦m not sure this planning is it valid
2. In the step 4, I¡¦m not sure is it valid tools to migrate a part of
user account from NT4 domain to active directory that obtain the old
password and group also
3. In the step 6, I¡¦, m not sure is it valid tools to migrate a part
of mailboxes from NT4 domain to active directory that obtain existing
settings. E.g. SMTP, permission, user information
4. In the step 12, I¡¦m not sure is it valid tools for migrate the
existing domain that hosting on NT4 domain to active directory that hosting
a temporary domain.